Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ideas I Love: Cocktail table fun!

I've created lots and lots of cocktail table arrangements over the last 10 years. I believe that they're one place that can show off the personality of the bride and groom. Often I'll have a few ideas for a bride (or groom) who is crafty so that they can make their own containers. Fun ideas don't have to be expensive, but they certainly do add a special touch to a wedding reception. Stay tuned for lots more ideas!
 
 Kate's fiance collected comic books. I showed her how to decoupage.  So as a surprise for him, she bought other comic books (using his was not even a remote possibility) and made me boxes to decorate with Fall mums at Columbia Station. She did a great job!



 

This one was a "no-brainer"  for this sports minded groom. I made up the arrangements and he provided the trivia cards for the tables at the Pearl Buck Estate.

 

And finally, for Karen's purple wedding, we used her groom's favorite candy - Jolly Joes! Fortunately this bride's Dad worked for the Just Born Co. and was able to get a whole lot of them for her cocktail tables at the Mercer Museum. I wonder if there were any left?


No comments: