Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nicole and Ryan - You Can Bank On It!

When I first spoke with Nicole, she told me that her wedding was going to take place in an old bank in Easton - The Bank Street Annex. She wanted to use lots of color to brighten up her venue. So I sketched four different ideas for her, as I usually do for my brides. Three were what I call "normal" and the fourth a bit "out of the box". Fortunately for me, Nicole chose to be different. I thought that since the wedding was in a bank, we could play up that fact and do arrangements that represented the rich people who had once done business in that very bank. This was such a fun wedding for me to work on and I was so happy with the results. A big thanks to Michael's Photography for sharing his photographs with me. Although Nicole wanted to use lots and lots of color for her wedding flowers, she wanted her bouquet to stand out - so she chose to do an all white bouquet with just hints of color. I made her bouquet of white roses with clustered stephanotis. Some of the roses had colored pins in them while the stephanotis were filled with rhinestones. Ryan also wore a white rose boutonniere with a stephanotis at the base.





 Bridesmaids carried bright bouquets of orange, pink, burgundy, and purple.  They really popped against their dresses. Groomsmen wore boutonnieres of orange spray roses and purple mini-carnations to match.




.




 We made two colorful arrangements for the wedding ceremony which was held inside the venue





.



The first of the three types of centerpieces were arranged in cigar boxes. If you look closely among the flowers, you'll notice folded money to signal a "fat cat". Loose cigars surrounded the flowers.


The second set of centerpieces were based on Nicole's love of champagne. I used small versions of champagne buckets to hold bottles of champagne - courtesy of Nicole - and an array of flowers. We scattered corks around the arrangements that Nicole also collected.




 


The third centerpiece represented jewelry. Each colorful flower arrangement was made in a jewel-toned colored glass square. I draped necklaces, bracelets and brooches around and among the many colored flowers




.


I used three smaller colorful squares to decorate the sweetheart table.
Love the bride and groom on the wedding cake! Perfect for your wedding. I wish the two of you a wonderful, whimsical life together! Congratulations to Nicole and Ryan.

No comments: