Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Krissy and RC's wonderful white wedding!

Krissy's plan was for an all white wedding, except for her bouquet!  She wanted that to stand out.  So we put our heads together and came up with a rustic looking white wedding at The Barn.

Krissy loves peonies so we mixed pink peonies with peach spray roses and added a collar of dusty miller.  RC's boutonniere consisted of the peach spray roses.




Bridesmaids carried bouquets of all white football mums.  They remind me so much of peonies but for a fraction of the cost.  Groomsmen wore boutonnieres of white dendrobium orchids and beargrass loops.








Ceremony flowers were one of my favorite parts of this wedding.  I used large white flowers mixed with Baby's Breath in glass vases up front.  For the aisle flowers I made small bundles of the baby's breath tied with burlap "ribbon".  Love this!








I used more dendrobium orchids and beargrass for simple cocktail table pieces.





A manzanita branch covered with orchids sat on the placecard table.





I have diligently worked to come up with rustic ideas in lieu of mason jars for the many rustic weddings that I do.  Often, my containers are found in out of the way places and may be the end of a lot.  So much of what I have is one of a kind because I can't get anymore.  For Krissy and RC's  white wedding it meant using just white containers filled with white flowers.  For half of the tables I used large white ceramic containers of white hydrangea mixed with white roses.





But for the other half of the tables, I used some of my "finds" to tablescape the centerpieces.  One of the three pieces was a glass encased white candle.  The second piece was a copy of the short, squat butter holders. These were made of white ceramic and filled with white hydrangea.  The third part of this centerpiece was another replica of an antique in the form of old-fashioned milk bottles also made of white ceramics.  I filled these with white roses.  I love this look!





The "butter holders" also appeared on the sweetheart table.  I like these tables to match what is going on in the rest of the room so they were also filled with white roses and hydrangea.   Krissy added an adorable sign to her table.





The white ceramic milk bottles also made wonderful holders for the bridal party's bouquets.  They added a touch of flowers to the table because the topper was a LOVE sign.  Another cute detail!





Thank you to Krissy and RC for having me help you with your wedding flowers.  May you have many wonderful, happy years ahead of you.


No comments: