Sunday, January 4, 2015

Anne-Sophie and Brandon - There are doctors in the house!

Over the years, I've found that med students and doctors make some of the most fun brides and grooms. They put a lot of effort into their details and seem to have a really good time planning their weddings - in between studying. Brandon and Anne-Sophie were no exception. If I gave Anne-Sophie an idea, she ran with it. And the results were spectacular for her wedding at Aldie
Mansion.

With a color palette of white, blue, and green, Anne-Sophie's bouquet was made up of ivory roses - some with blue pins - and green dendrobium orchids. Brandon wore a white calla lily boutonniere.


Bridesmaids carried bouquets of the opposite colors - SuperGreen roses topped with white dendrobium orchids. I made blue wire curls for the groomsmens' boutonnieres and glued the same white orchids to them.


Here is where Anne-Sophie's creativity took flight. When I work at Aldie, I normally suggest a little something on the entry table by the entry door.   Anne-Sophie filled little test tubes with candy "pills" which I topped off with daisies. She tied the tubes together with ribbon. Very cute!


I love how she set up her memory table. If you're getting married at Aldie, you have to ask that this table be set up for you to use. I added a small blue vase of flowers here.  I also suggest that you label your photos so that guest know who is in the picture.



Anne-Sophie collected different beakers for me to use on the cocktail tables. I just put in simple green fuji mums




The couple collected medical items - including Anne-Sophie's valuable stethoscope - for me to fill a glass container that sat in the middle of her placecard table. For placecards, I gave them boxes that I had on hand which held test tube samples for drug companies. Anne-Sophie painted and labelled them and filled small test tubes with "pills". She tied on the names of her guests to each tube. . She labelled each box which matched a picture on each guest table.


Also on the table, was a "prescription pad" for guests to sign. Such a great idea! And to top it off, Anne-Sophie supplied pens that look like needles!


But my very favorite of Anne-Sophie's creations is the container to collect envelopes! She had a giant pill bottle made up! This girl is so creative!


We used three different types of simple centerpieces for the tables. I don't have a photo of the floating orchids that sat on some tables. But another third of the tables had squares of hydrangea with orchids and button mums while a third was made up of three glass containers holding orchids and hydrangea. Orchids do not have to cost a fortune if you use them in creative ways.


Thanks again to Anne-Sophie and Brandon for having me be a part of your wedding.  Your patients are going to be so lucky to have physicians as warm and caring as the two of you are.  Best wishes!
.


No comments: