Saturday, June 15, 2013

Stefanie & John - Vintage Pearls

Stefanie and John wanted a vintage inspired look for their wedding at Merion Tribute House. Colors were soft pink and white. We decided to use mostly large soft flowers like Esperance roses, hydrangea, and pretty lisianthus to promote a vintage feel. We included a touch of white pearls to centerpieces and a large entry piece as well as tablescaping with white milk glass. I think that Stefanie totally accomplished the look she was aiming for.

Stefanie wanted to use white peonies for her bouquet. However, it was very early for peonies during her wedding and I found them to be small nuggets which were not going to open up like the typical fluffy peonies we love. So we substituted with white football mums - which I think has the same look - and scattered pink ranunculus throughout them. I wrapped the stems with white satin ribbon and added an overlay of lace to give the bouquet a vintage nod. John wore a boutonniere made of stephanotis.
Bridesmaids carried petite bouquets of pink lisianthus wrapped in matching pink ribbon. Groomsmen wore matching boutonnieres.
Stefanie rented my antique typewriter to showcase a "letter" welcoming her guests. It was a perfect vintage detail for this wedding.
I added white hydrangea to white milk glass vases for the cocktail tables.
For Stefanie's entry table, I made an arrangement of hydrangea and roses on a very large Mercury glass candle holder. I draped it with ropes of pearls to add a vintage look to the arrangement in keeping with our "pearl theme".
Stefanie loves milk glass.  I cruised thrift shops and flea markets so that I could incorporate it into half of her centerpieces. But we added a little special something to the tablescapes. Each group of small vases was placed on a cake plate. I then added a layer of strands of pearls. And if you look closely, the cake plates were made by attaching a flat cake plate to a glass candleholder. I have directions about how to make these.

The centerpieces for the other half of the tables were made up of large glass bowls. I put strands of pearls in the bottom of each bowl and then filled them with white hydrangea and beautiful, large Esperance roses.

Thank you to Stefanie & John for having me help you with your vintage wedding.  I enjoyed working with you and collecting for you.  Many years of happiness!

No comments: