Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Amy & Joe - New Year's Eve Nuptials

Amy and Joe were having a New Year's Eve wedding and I was so excited to be working with them. Amy wanted to use a color palette of white and silver with subtle but elegant flowers. And adding bling and feathers and winter branches was just fine with her. I used white flowers from start to finish beginning with Amy's bouquet. I mixed white roses with white ranunculus and scattered crystals throughout the flowers. Bridesmaids bouquets, not pictured here, were made up of white roses, snowflake mums, and white feathers which looked fabulous against their black gowns!

How cute are these young ladies and gentleman? I had the flower girl buckets hand painted with their names on them and filled them with silk hydrangea so they could play "wedding" after the party was over!


 Because of the time of year, naturally Amy and Joe held their ceremony inside their venue. Any just wanted a simple set-up. I set up pedestals with silver trumpet vases on them which I filled with hydrangea and other white flowers, silver ting ting, and white winter branches. Silver mint julep cups of white hydrangea and sprigs of silver sat on cocktail tables. I added silver acrylics to my glass and silver container for the placecard table. I filled the vase with silver branches and layers of white flowers. In keeping with a silvery, wintery theme, we used low bowls in my wintery rental crystal wreaths. I added more silver decorations to the wreath to make them even more glittery, and added a simple, but elegant gardenia to float in each bowl. We used silver candles, white feathers, large white football mums, and lots of hanging beading to bring some height, bling, and fun to the tables. 

A very Happy New Year and Congratulations to Amy and Joe!   I wish you many more wonderful years together with your beautiful family.

No comments: