Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lauren & Dan - Lovely Lemon Yellow

 The wedding of Lauren and Dan was my first at Tendenza, which is a very modern venue in Northern Liberties.  Lauren chose a color palette of yellow and white against black and gray accents which I thought looked amazing.  The couple had their ceremony in the ballroom which was later turned over to the reception.  However, I forgot to get a photo of the flowers I provided for the reception.  I can assure you that they were pretty and sitting in tall silver trumpet vases!  lol


Lauren carried a hand-tied bouquet of white mini calla lilies mixed with yellow alstromeria. Dan wore a white mini calla lily as his boutonniere.

  Complementary bouquets of just yellow alstromeria looked striking against the bridesmaids' black dresses.  Groomsmen wore matching boutonnieres.


Lauren's yellow and white color scheme really "popped" so nicely against the dark glass tables surrounded the dance floor. She choose to use a combination of three types of yellow and white centerpieces and votive candles in a mix of round and square glass containers. I used a mix of gorgeous yellow and white Asian lilies in large glass bowls in the first group of guest table arrangements.
The second set of centerpieces entailed small glass squares of mixed yellow and white flowers surrounded by small bowls. I set white daisies in yellow bubbles in the bowls. These also looked terrific against the gray linens enhanced with white square plates and yellow napkins. 
The last type of centerpiece in this trio was made up of white hydrangea and yellow cushion mums. I wrapped a yellow polka-dotted ribbon around the a large glass square. Thank you to Ron Dlutz for taking wonderful preview photos for me.



I love the special chairs at the sweetheart table. They look so regal. I used smaller versions of the guest table centerpieces to decorate the table where the bride and groom sit. Congratulations to Lauren & Dan.  May you have many wonderful years together.

No comments: