Thursday, December 27, 2012

Nicole & John - Lego Love

Nicole and John were holding their wedding at Blair Mill Inn in Horsham. Nicole wanted to use a very pretty color palette of blue, white, and peach. As you can see from the pictures below, she also wanted to add a touch of whimsy to her reception as well - perfect for Whimsical Welcomes! Nicole's bouquet was made up of peach roses and scattered stephanotis with blue pins in them. John wore a matching boutonniere of a rose with a stephanotis at the base. Thank you to my friend Ron DLutz for taking bouquet photos for me!
Bridesmaids carried bouquets made up of ivory roses and peach spray roses. To add a bit of blue - I inserted a blue butterfly pin into each bouquet. Groomsmen wore matching boutonnieres of peach spray roses and Lego cufflinks that John and Nicole had made for them as gifts.
 
Nicole draped the arch at Blair Mill with tulle and white lights. I added bouquets of peach carnations. She also added lanterns to my hangars which looked wonderful down the aisle. The candles obviously hadn't been added yet when I took this photo.
When John proposed to Nicole, he did so with a Lego hot air balloon structure that he built. So I asked him if he would build me Lego vases to use for the cocktail tables - which I filled with flowers. Each table was slightly different.
On the table where placecards were to be laid out, I placed a manzanita branch arrangement in the center. I filled the moss pot with blue hydrangea and small peach flowers. Crystals and peach, white, and blue butterflies were attached to the silver painted branch.
Blair Mill offers their brides a centerpiece of candles. I find it a personal challenge to enhance them with color and fresh flowers. In a previous Blair Mill post I used small bottles and rose petals. At this wedding I fit a silver mint julep cup at the bottom of the candleholder and filled it with blue hydrangea and peach spray roses.
Nicole had already purchased tall containers, faux hydrangea, and light-up branches for some of her tables. I added a fresh flower twist to these with tubes of peach roses hanging from blue aluminum wire.
I thought the wedding cake was so unique that I had to post a photo of it and the couple in the car. What a fun cake table!

No comments: