Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lauren & Michael - Love is Blue

First I have to say that Lauren was one of the sweetest, easiest, most enthusiastic brides I've ever worked with. What a doll! She made my job go so smoothly because she loves everything. What a pleasure this wedding was to work on.

Lauren wanted a color palette of white, blue, and green - perfect summery colors for her wedding ceremony at Corpus Christi Church and reception at Meadowlands Country Club. By the way, Love is Blue is am instrumental song by Paul Mauriat from the 60's! Anyone remember it?

I love this bouquet of ivory roses, green hypericum berries, florets of blue delphinium, and stephanotis with rhinestone centers. The florets really "pop" from the ivory roses. Michael wore a mini-white calla lily boutonniere. I can't wait to see pictures. The last time I saw Lauren was when she was getting her make-up done. I'll bet she looked gorgeous!


Bridesmaids carried beautiful bouquets of ivory spray roses, green roses, and bits of blue delphinium. I couldn't believe how huge the ivory spray roses were! They really opened up and looked amazing. Groomsmen wore matching blue delphinium boutonnieres.


Carrying through Lauren's blue, white, and green color palette at church was a breeze. On white pedastals, I made arrangements of white carnations, Bells of Ireland, and blue delphinium in white containers.





Meadowlands CC has had a makeover since I last worked there. The lobby looks fabulous. They now put the placecard table in that lobby leading to the cocktail lounge. For Lauren and Michael's placecard table, I filled an Eiffel tower with blue bubbles. From the top I sprayed white dendrobiums, blue dendrobiums, and greens. I really liked how the country club matched Lauren's colors with their "blue water" and candle set-up. I'll bet it looked really pretty when lit up.


Meadowlands CC really let their wedding guests spread out and be comfortable. There are small hi-tops in the bar area plus an adjoining room with low tables and chairs. It's a lovely set-up. For the cocktail hour we used one of my favorite flowers - white dahlias - and put them in narrow cylinder vases along with berries, mums, and greens. The cylinders were wrapped in blue aluminum wire which was swirled in the center.


Lauren chose to have two slightly different centerpieces both using square, clear glass and blue acrylics. Thank goodness the white lilies decided to cooperate and opened up beautifully. I added blue hydrangea and green cushion mums to the mix.


The second half of the centerpieces were also made in glass squares with blue acrylics. This time the flowers included white hydrangea, blue cornflowers, and green hypericum berries.


The sweetheart table flowers were smaller versions of the centerpieces. The smaller squares contained the beautiful white lilies and blue hydrangea this time.


Thank you for making the flower planning such a wonderful experience Lauren. I wish Michael and you the very, very best in life! Congratulations.

No comments: