Monday, July 25, 2011

Katrina & Scott - What goes around - Comes around.

As many of you know, I am a former third grade teacher. When I first started teaching at East Coventry Elementary school, I taught a mixed 2nd and 3rd grade class. In my class was a wonderful little girl named Becky, one of my second graders. My second year I taught a straight 3rd grade class and Becky was again in my class. It was also the year I was married. My class was invited to my wedding and many of them came. In the photo of my class at our wedding was Becky, wearing an adorable hat. We kept in touch over the long stretch of time with cards, phone calls, and lunches when Becky "grew up". Fast forward a whole lot of years and here I am doing the flowers for not one - but two of Becky's daughters' weddings. As I said, what goes around - comes around! I just love how this came full circle!

The first wedding was for her oldest daughter, Katrina. Katrina's color palette included red and white with accents of silver. I accomplished adding the silver with pins, little silver leaves, and silver bouquet collars.

Katrina carried a Red Intuition rose and red calla lily teardrop bouquet. I used a tilted bouquet older and wrapped the handle in silver ribbon. I also placed silver pins inside the red roses. A red calla lily was worn by the groom.
The Maid of Honor carried a combination of white and Red Intuition roses seated in a silver collar. The Best Man wore a red rose boutonniere.

Bridesmaids carried bouquets of white roses surrounded by a silver collar. Groomsmen also white roses for their boutonnieres.

I made two arrangements for the charming church in Chester Springs where the ceremony was held. And I look forward to doing the flowers for Emily's wedding in December. Love you Becky!

No comments: