Sunday, September 5, 2010

Jaime & Steven - Delightful Dendrobiums

Jaime chose a beautiful color pallete of purple, ivory, and green for her wedding to Steven at the fantastic Columbia Station. I love the combination of those colors. We incorporated some personal touches, including apples and vases, which meant a lot to the couple, and came up with some truly unique ideas for their reception. Jamie wanted three different centerpieces which allowed me to utilize some really fun elements. I really enjoyed working on this one!

Jamie carried a gorgeous bouquet of rose, stock and trachelium with touches of variegated hosta around the edges. Steven's boutonniere of a matching rose and hosta looked great as well. Jaime was a gorgeous bride as seen on her photographer's website. I'll post some pictures when I get them.


Bridesmaids carried bouquets of lavender alstromeria and green hypericum berries. Groomsmen wore boutonnieres of matching alstromeria.






A mix of green and purple flowers that included Bells of Ireland and various shades of larkspur, sat on each side of the church altar.



I filled a vase that Jaime provided for her "memory vase" with alstromeria and hypericum berries. The vase was transferred from the church to grace the credenza at Columbia Station.


The placecard table held a tall glass compote filled with apples, alstromeria, orchids, greens, and ting ting. I liked how this festive arrangement greeted the guests.


I placed orchids in glass containers to decorate Jamie and Steven's sweetheart table. These alternated with candles.






I used wonderful moss covered pots for the first centerpiece. In each of them I placed purple hydrangea studded with green dendrobium orchids. I love this pot with purple flowers in it.

Steven's grandparents own a farm with an apple orchard. So Jaime and Steven picked the green apples for the second centerpiece. I filled 8" glass bowls with the apples and then did an arrangement of dendrobium orchids and sanderiana from the top.


The third centerpiece was candle based with a hint of dendrobium orchids placed around it.



And a happy ending to a wonderful wedding - a beautiful wedding cake decorated with my favorite flower - purple lisianthus!

No comments: