Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stacey & Richard - Fun at the Firehouse

Stacey and Richard celebrated their marriage at Vincent Mennonite Church followed by a reception at the North Coventry Fire Company banquet hall. Stacey wanted to use a mix of pink, white, and aqua blue for her wedding colors. Since there are no aqua blue flowers, it's always a challenge to fit that color into a color scheme. But we accomplished it with ribbon, containers, and acrylics. Once Stacey saw the acrylics - she HAD to have them in her centerpieces. They were perfect with her decor. I think that this wedding turned out to be so "sweet" with a wonderful combination of colors.

Stacey carried a bouquet of white and pink roses with pearls in their center. We bound the stems with aqua blue ribbon and a bow underneath the head. Richard wore a white rose boutonniere.

Bridesmaids carried bouquets of pink and white roses. Groomsmen wore matching boutonnieres.


The nest with the aqua blue bird's eggs was a "no brainer" for the ring bearer. I added touches of Baby's breath and some pink ribbon along with the "rings".



The three year old flower girl carried a white tulle pomander with pink satin roses. I made a matching halo for her to wear on her head. Such a cute set!










I filled large white wicker baskets with pink alstromeria and white fugi mums. By ribboning the handle, we easily added the aqua blue color Stacey wanted.


I also wanted to get a bit of the aqua blue on the church pews, so I doubled the ribbon on the pew bows. I love how this looks. I'll have to remember this!




In an aqua vase, I arranged an assortment of pink and white flowers to put on the gift table.











Because the tables were rectangular in shape, I wanted the centerpieces to follow those lines. I used multiple sweetheart shaped vases full of alstromeria and acrylics. The small vases had pink acrylics in them while the white had aqua blue. We also used similar vases to hold the bouquets on the head table.

No comments: