Monday, June 1, 2009

Becky & Chris - A labor of love

This wedding was a labor of love for me because it was for family. I thought it would be fun to use the pictures of family as model for the flowers that we did. We did the personal and church flowers for Becky and Chris because Mendenhall Inn included all reception flowers in their package. And they did a great job too, using many of the same flowers that we did. Even though this picture is small, and I am the worst photographer on the face of the earth, I love it. It's a picture of my brother-in-law Gary walking my niece Becky down the aisle. It was my first look at her with her bouquet. Her smile lit up the room!

Chris' boutonniere was made from one of the roses from Becky's bouquet. Becky looked so pretty. Her bouquet of pink and ivory roses contained scattered rhinestone sprays. They looked wonderful with the rhinestones that edged her veil and lovely gown.




My beautiful niece Sarah, Becky's sister, was one of the bridesmaids. She was the only one who wore her hair down and it looked outstanding. She's carrying a bouquet of pink and ivory roses, freesia, and Ladies Mantle. They really popped against the green dresses.








Underneath all of that hair is my really good looking nephew - Andy, Becky's brother. He was one of the groomsmen.












My mother-in-law looked beautiful. Her dress was so pretty. Hard to believe that she's 82 years old! We made her a wrist corsage of white spray roses and a boutonniere for "Pop-pop" to match.




















St. Dorothy's in Drexel Hill is a beautiful church in which Chris grew up. We created very, very full altar flowers in whites, pinks, and greens. If you'll look very closely, you'll see some white peonies in there. Those are from my garden. I wanted to add a piece of "family" to Becky's flowers. We surrounded the two altar candelabras with garlands of greens, white and pink spray roses, and soft satin ribbon. The family rows were decorated with pink hydrangea and bows.
We had a blast at Mendenhall Inn. I took pictures of my daughter and her husband and my son and his girlfriend. However, they turned out really dark, or I would have included them. By the way, my son's girlfriend Kate caught the toss bouquet! I can't wait to see what happens next.









No comments: