Friday, June 6, 2008

Melissa and David's Wedding


Melissa's wedding was so much fun to work on. We got to make so many new "creations" for her. Her bouquet is so beautiful - green hypericum berries, Bells of Ireland, white lisianthus, and Queen Anne's lace - all wrapped in soft satin white ribbon French braided down the front. I was going to post a picture, but changed my mind in case Melissa peeks at my blog tonight. I want her to be surprised. I absolutely love this beautifully textured bouquet. Her bridesmaids have such pretty, natural looking bouquets of longer Bells of Ireland, Apple blossom snapdragons, and white stock. Besides looking great, they smell amazing! And the moms' gardenia wrist corsages have a fantastic scent, too. Then there is the flower girl's pomander - which is a totally new style for us. Anne made a white tulle poof and we decorated it with pink streamers, pink spary roses, and green hypericum berries. It is so cute. I also got to work with Super Green roses, which I love. They are on the smaller side and have very curly petals. We are using them in glass squares on Melissa's cocktail tables. I added a special touch of bright pink ribbon with green polka dots around each vase. So cute! And finally there is Melissa's placecard piece. Her mom fell in love with it when they came for their consultation and now she can bring this one home and enjoy it for a while. The beading and the acrylics in the glass really add something special to this piece. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

No comments: