Saturday, August 17, 2013

Jennifer & Chuck - Beautiful birch

 I have been very fortunate to work twice with the lovely Roth family.  This time it was son Chuck's marriage to Jennifer.  Jenn wanted a rustic look to their wedding so we based everything around birch and a color palette of pinks.  We also used green as a contrast to highlight the pink in several ways.  I loved being able to use various shades of pretty pink. . I think Jenn's mixed pink bouquet was gorgeous!  I used the bright pink rose for Chuck's boutonniere.




 Bridesmaids carried bouquets of Malibu roses collared by salal tips.  The green really "pops" the pink roses.  Groomsmen wore matching rose boutonnieres.


 On my rental "steps", I placed silver buckets of hydrangea, dark pink spray roses, and green hypericum berries to decorate the placecard table.


 A memory vase held a flower for each person the couple wanted to remember at their wedding.


 Glass squares of green hydrangea, dark pink spray roses, and green hypericum berries also contained green acrylics in the base. These were used on the buffet tables.


 We made three different types of centerpieces in the containers Jenn chose for her tables.  I filled square birch covered squares with very full green hydrangea and "dotted" it with bright pink mini-carnations.



 In the round birch bucket holders I made arrangements of a variety of pink flowers with a touch of green hypericum berries.  The blend of colors is so pretty!


The last third of the guest table centerpieces were made up of different heights of birch log candle holders. Several of them held candles of course, but I placed reflexed roses in two of them.  I love how this technique makes roses seem so much larger!  Tables were named after places the couple had visited with cards put in pine cones by Jenn.



I put two of the birch containers filled with flowers and candle holders on the couple's sweetheart table.




Congratulations to Jenn and Chuck!  It's been such a pleasure getting to work with more of the Roth family!

No comments: