Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rita & Glenn - Gorgeous Glen Foerd

In my humble opinion, Glen Foerd is one of the most beautiful venues at which to hold a wedding. I love the outside. I love the river. I love the inside. I love the art museum upstairs. It "wows" me every time I have the opportunity to work there. So when Rita asked me to help her with her wedding, I was thrilled to be there once again. Rita loves hydrangea and peonies and we made good use of them to complement her white, green, and pink color palette. Her bouquet was made up of beautiful pink peonies. Glenn wore a matching peony as his boutonniere as well. Bridesmaids carried smaller bouquets also made up of peonies. I'm so glad that they were available for this wedding. It's the perfect Spring flower. I did simple arrangements of a reflexed rose sitting on acrylics for the cocktail tables.



Rita's favors were a donation to the SPCA plus a bag of dog bone shaped cookies for her guests to eat. I wish I had a picture of the beautiful frosted cookies that my friend Ellen made for this wedding. They were outstanding - and delicious. I taste tested them to make sure there were fit for human consumption. Yummy!!! Contact me if you want Ellen's information for your own amazing cookies.


Because Rita loves pomanders, we added a green one on top of a tower of white bubbles to her favor table.
 

Rita and I chose more vintage type containers for her guest table centerpieces. The white ceramic containers were lightly patterned, as was the green tin vase.  Each vase type had it's own arrangement of hydrangea plus another flower.


Typically I like sweetheart table flowers to be on the more moderate side. But we got carried away with the old fashioned container that I found for this wedding. We had bits and pieces of leftover flowers and loved the lines of the vase so.... this is the result.

 
  Love Birds sat atop a beautiful wedding cake that we enhanced with touches of flowers. What a beautiful end to a beautiful evening! Congratulations Rita and Glenn.Thank you for the pleasure of working with you on your wedding.

No comments: