Monday, April 9, 2012

Emily & Michael - Really Red!!

Emily is the daughter of one of my former elementary school students. Her mother was in the very first class I taught at East Coventry Elementary School which was comprised of second and third grade students. I had Becky again the next year when I taught a straight third grade class - one of my very favorite students. It just cracks me up when I look at my own wedding album and see her in her dress up hat at my wedding. She was adorable! So here we both are again - at the same wedding so many years later!

It was my first time at the chapel at Alvernia College and also my first time at Reading Country Club. What a wonderful banquet manager they have there. I had such a good time listening to his stories while I was setting up. He was great and so very helpful.

Emily chose red, gold, and white as her December color palette. Excellent choice! But she didn't want to use any roses. So I made her bouquet up of mini gerber daisies, tulips, red carnations, and red hypericum berries. We added some "snowflakes" to the flowers in a nod to the Winter. Did we see any snow in December? I know we went exploring at the Daniel Boone Homestead afterwards because it was such a nice day. Perfect for a wedding!

I used a red mini gerber daisy, red hypericum berries, and gold leaves to make Michael's matching boutonniere.

Mini red carnations really popped against the white alstromeria and greens in the bridesmaids' bouquets.

Groomsmen wore matching red mini carnation boutonnieres.



Alvernia College, which the couple attended, has the most charming chapel. It was so beautiful inside with the sweetest Sister helping me out.



Reading CC provides guest table centerpieces. So to add some "pizzazz", I designed a placecard table arrangement using gold and red Xmas ball, winter greens, hydrangea, and winter branches.

Bouquet vases, gold candles, and rose petals decorated the head table. I hope I get to see what they looked like when the bouquets were placed inside. Congratulations Emily & Michael! I'm sure you had a marvelous first Christmas as a married couple.

No comments: