Sunday, August 21, 2011

Theresa & Tyler - A Terrific Twosome!

Theresa and Tyler's wedding at Normandy Farms was filled with special touches. The first thing a guest would notice would be the old window sills sitting on the placecard table. I'll point out just a few of them through my blog. And Theresa was all for trying out some new and different ideas like her bouquets and her placecard table piece. I loved working with this blue, white, and yellow color palette. And I thoroughly enjoyed working with Theresa and helping her make her vision come to life.

Theresa's bouquet was made up of blue delphinium, yellow roses and a collar of yellow stock. I loved how unique it was!

Tyler's boutonniere consisted of a yellow rose set on a blue wire curl with a touch of blue delphinium.

Bridesmaids carried bouquets also made up of a collar of yellow stock with centers of delphinium and Star of Bethlehem. Groomsmen wore yellow rose boutonnieres.

One mom wore a corsage of daisies and the other carried a small bouquet of them down the aisle. Daisies have been popular at weddings for century. I've always thought they were so sweet.

On both sides of the outside arch, I placed blue vases on white pedestals. I filled them with yellow centered mini-sunflowers, blue delphinium, and curly willow.

Inside, I filled clay pots with blue hydrangea and craspedia for the cocktail tables.

I had a wooden box painted with Theresa and Tyler on the front. I think our artist Caroline did a fabulous job! I filled it with clay pots of yellow and blue flowers. The ribbons on the bar were the same colors used in Theresa & Tyler's handfasting wedding ceremony. The windows are to each side.

Theresa named her tables after constellations. If you look closely you can see one of the "signs" that she made. I did two different centerpieces for this wedding. Theresa had purchased lanterns, so I used short mason jars to surround them with blue hydrangea and yellow sunflowers. The other half of the tables had larger mason jars filled with a variety of blue, yellow, and white flowers. Theresa had bought log slices to sit these mason jars on to add another touch of "country" to her tables.


Small mason jars were placed on the sweetheart table and filled with blue hydrangea and white roses. Congratulations to the two of you! It was a blast working with you.

No comments: