Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lauren & Darryl - Tea Time at the Foundry

I was absolutely thrilled to work on Lauren and Darryl's wedding at the Phoenixville Foundry. Lauren had the kind of enthusiasm that is so contagious. And when she told me that she was doing a "teapot themed wedding" I was really excited. We decided that she would use some of her own pots (her grandmother's teapot sat on her sweetheart table) and buy the rest. When she bought new pots she would email me a photo and we'd decide what would look nice in it. It is so much fun to work on a wedding like this and with such a wonderful couple. We used a basic color palette of purple, orange, and white. I had a bit of leeway with color because of the color of some of the pots, and we added bits of red as well. I thank Lauren for trusting me and letting my imagination take over!

Lauren's bouquet was a tear-dropped shape made up of white lilies, purple stock, purple anemones, orange roses, and purple larkspur. Darryl wore a pocket garden for his boutonniere.

Bridesmaids carried bouquets made up of peacock feathers, three shades of stock, and orange spray roses. Groomsmens' bouts were made up of orange spray roses.

I don't have pictures of the cocktail tables, but Lauren collected some small old sugar bowls and creamer pitchers which I filled with flowers.

Lauren's placecards were oversized teabags labelled with their guests' names and table assignment. Manzanita was painted gold and I used round textured glass balls for LED lights, crystals, and orchids. Roses filled the purple base.


Below are several of the 15 different teapots that I filled for Lauren & Darryl. They sat upon purple tablecloths and were all surrounded with red rose petals. The Foundry looked fantastic all dressed up!




















No comments: