Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ginny & Keith - Amazing Aldie

Ginny and Keith held their wedding at the stunning Aldie Mansion in Doylestown. Ginny chose a color pallette of pink and green with accents of black and white damask. There were so many wonderful damask details at this wedding. Ginny had worked hard and the lovely Erin Proud, http://www.proudtoplan.com/, did a great job as usual, setting them up for her. Ginny also added a second accent color of gold, which we incorporated through vases and beading. I wish I had more pictures, but I thought someone else had brought our camera and they had thought I had it. Oh well, the fabulous photographer - Jenn Childress - http://www.jennchildress.com/ - shot all these pictures and shared them with me. Thank goodness and thank you Jenn!


Ginny's beautiful bouquet was made up of roses, lisianthus, and green mini hydrangea. I wrapped Ginny's rosary around the ribbon on the stems. I used bright pink summer dahlias to make the bridesmaids' bouquets.






Ginny and Keith held their ceremony underneath a wonderful, huge, old oak tree on the Aldie property. Leading down to the ceremony was a long, windy path that we lined with hanging buckets of hydrangea. So pretty.








Ginny bought a gorgeous candleabra for her placecard table. We surrounded it with hydrangea and rose petals. This table looked so beautiful with all of the candles lit up.




I created pomanders of green carnations which I sat on candlestick holders for the cocktail tables.

Ginny had purchased gold hurricane vases in three sizes for her centerpieces. I created three different types of centerpieces using them. One type of centerpiece was made up of a large hurricane filled with green and white flowers and gold beads. Votives surrounded the vase. In the second type of centerpiece, I placed a candle inside the glass. Love how it glows! The smallest hurricanes were filled with flowers and surrounded the larger vase. Finally, we placed an LED light in the third type of centerpiece and I arranged flowers and beading on top. I surrounded the base in rose petals. I love the variations based on the hurricane vases.












We decorated the balcony with bouquets of pink and tulle streamers. It reminds me of Romeo and Juliet....only with a happier ending! Congratulations Ginny and Keith!




No comments: