Monday, November 2, 2009

Angela & Matthew - LeggoLand


I had the best time working on this wedding for Angela and Matthew. Angela was so open about using new ideas and trying something different that working with her was truly fun for me. She wanted a color pallete of red and orange for the Fall with lots of glowing candle light on the tables. And working at one of my favorite venues in Philadelphia, the Downtown Club, made teven the delivery and set-up of this wedding a pleasure.


Angela carried a gorgeous bouquet of calla lilies, red roses, morkara orchids, and ranunculus.


I LOVE these copper wire cuffs that surrounded the orange and red roses that the bridal party carried.










Bright red and orange flowers for the Meetinghouse Chuppah and pews.






The last of our placecard table trees. Angela did a terrific jobs making "leaves" into her placecards to surround it.


I have to admit that this was my favorite part of this wedding! I made vases out of Leggo blocks which were Matthew's favorite childhood toy. We scattered extra Leggos around the arrangements so that guests could play with them. I hope they did!




















We incorporated candlelight, flowers and cylinder shapes in fdifferent ways for four centerpieces. or the first, we filled copper cylinders with a mix of fall flowers in red and orange plus copper colored leaves and some curly willow branches.



Candles, morkara orchids, and rose petals were grouped together for a second centerpiece.





Large hurricanes encased pillar candles which we surrounded with red roses.







Tablescaping three sizes of cylinders.





And finally, the cake was "dressed up" for Fall. I wonder what it would have looked like with Leggos in a waterfall down the front?

No comments: