Monday, May 11, 2009

Jess & Mike - Black and Blue at Blue Bell CC

I'm feeling a little bit nostalgic about Jess and Mike's wedding. It's the last of the weddings I've done for a great group of friends. It all started in 2006 when I did the flowers for Courtney A's wedding. I first met Jess at a meeting I had with Courtney. She and Courtney have been best friends for many years. Then, in 2008, it was Kerry's turn to get married and again, we did her flowers. Kerry is the third in this trio of best friends. I have great pictures of Jessa and Courtney in Kerry's wedding and now I have a picture of Kerry with Jess at her wedding. We've come full circle
with this last wedding and I have to say that I'm feeling a little sad that I won't be hearing about these lovely ladies or seeing their pictures at any more weddings. It was wonderful to be even a small part of their world.

Jessica used a color pallete of blue, black, and white. We were able to add black with vases, ribbon, and the centers of white anemones to lots of hydrangea, roses, and delphinium. She also wanted to add a touch of the beach, which we accomplished by using sea shells in her glass vases.

Jess' bouquet was a gorgeous textured mix of all white flowers that included peonies, lisianthus, stock, lily of the valley, and baby's breath with a touch of greens. It was not only beautiful to look at, but the scent from the peonies, stock, and lily of the valley was amazing. I don't have a picture of her stem wrap, but we used layers of lace that Jess gave us, a rhinestone buckle, and her blue rosary. It was really unique. I love the blue sash on her wedding gown too.

Bridesmaids carried bouquets of blue hydrangea studded with white anemones.








At the end of the aisle we filled antique looking wicker containers with hydrangea, delphinium, and Queen Anne's lace.











We lined the aisle with hanging cones of blue hydrangea topped off with black bows.














Shells filled the tall glass vases which were completed with hydrangea, delphinium and larkspur. We matched the shape of the vases with black gathering vases filled with roses, delphinium, tulips, and anemones. These same vases, in smaller versions, lined the sweetheart table.














No comments: