Sunday, January 18, 2009

Flower Girl Flowers - So Many to Choose From

Flower girls have been known to "steal the show" at the wedding. There's not much cuter than an adorable little girl smiling as she walks down the aisle. And that's why creating special flowers for them is always such a treat for me. I've made a variety of baskets to hold petals and baskets that hold flowers. I've even created baskets with silk flowers on the outside (or inside) so that a flower girl can continue to play "wedding" even after the real one is over.


I'm always tyring to come up with a new idea for flower girls. Some new styles that I'm doing this year are wands, monogrammed buckets, pocketbooks made from flowers, and some new basket styles. I've taken a balloon making class and learned how to make a flower out of balloons. I wonder if someone will want to use one of those in their wedding? I'll post pictures through the year as my new creations come to life..








These are some examples of a few of the different flower girl arrangements we have made in the past.
A "nest" of roses makes a lovely flower girl bouquet.


A sweet pomander is always a good choice.


A dainty little bouquet for a younger flower girl.


This flower purse would be perfect for an "older" flower girl.


Both of these halos are very full - more in the style of English design. We can also make simpler halos, barrettes, and ponytail holders that match your flower girl's flowers.

No comments: