Sunday, January 19, 2014

Emily & Brian - Columbia Cuteness!

When I first met Emily I found her so enthusiastic and endearing. While talking more with her at our first meeting, we found out that she was a former third grade student of my best friend! And Anne agreed that Emily was an enthusiastic and endearing third grade student as well. They had fond memories of each other.

Emily wanted a rustic mason jar look for her wedding at Columbia Station. She chose a wonderful color palette of yellow, lavender, and purple with accents of green.  What a happy combination of colors! And as you'll see, Emily did a wonderful job with the details of her decor. The bouquet pictures were taken by Matthew Szoke Photography.

 Emily looked gorgeous carry a bouquet made up of lavender roses, purple lisianthus, small drumstick allium, lavender stock and dusty miller. Brian wore a purple lisianthus as his boutonniere.


Bridesmaids had bouquets of lavender roses, green hypericum berries, and purple carnations. Groomsmen wore a lavender rose boutonniere on their lapels.

In keeping with a natural, rustic look, I filled glass vases with several shades of larkspur and fern. I placed one pedestal to each side of the pagoda. The single roses were presented to the Mothers.



 Buckets of purple hydrangea led the way down the aisle supported by my rental holders.



Emily added the couples' initials to the front door to greet their guests. 




 Each cocktail table had a different purple vase sitting on it with yellow flowers in it.


 Columbia Station has a large table set up in the entryway where most brides put their placecards.  On the left hand side of the table, I had a small wooden carpenter's box painted with the couple's last name and filled with three mason jars of different flowers. Wedding photos stood next to the box.



On the right hand side of the table, I placed a purple jar that Emily fell in love with and wanted to use - somewhere.  I filled it with fun sunflowers.  Instead of placecards, Emily used a seating chart with each paper representing a table and names listed below.  Tables were named after their favorite Phillies players.


Emily wanted to use mason jars on "slices" of logs for all of  her guest tables. Votive candles would be added to sit on the wood.  She gave me quart sized jars to fill with a mix of flowers for half her tables. Pretty mix of colors! 


Emily provided smaller mason jars with which I "table-scaped" the other half of the tables. I used a mass of one flower in each jar.




I rented Emily my Mr. and Mrs. signs for the backs of their chairs.



I used smaller mason jars to decorate the front of the sweetheart table.




Congratulations to Emily and Brian.  May you love one another forever and live happily every after!

No comments: