Sunday, September 1, 2013

Angela and Andrew - Daisies Galore!

Angela wanted to use a color palette of white, green, and yellow for her wedding. She loved daisies, so they were a natural for this absolutely adorable wedding at Penn Oaks CC. Angela worked hard and added a lot of her own personal details to her wedding. And daisies became our theme! We had daisies line the aisle. Daisies painted on watering cans. Daisy pomanders. Daisy bridesmaids' bouquets. I even had ceramic pots of daises to use! Everything came together so well! This was so much fun to work on and it will always be one of my favorite weddings!  Thank you to Ron DLutz photography for the professional pictures.

Angela loved craspedia so I tucked it in among her beautiful white peonies and lemon leaf. Notice the daisy buttons I added to her bouquet wrap! Andrew's boutonniere was also made up of craspedia.

Bridesmaids' bouquets were made up of daisies, craspedia, and solidater. Groomsmen wore matching daisy boutonnieres.
The flower girls carried pomanders of silk white daisies.


 The ringbearer carried a nest of daisies and "pretend" rings.  I don't advise giving little boys the real wedding bands. Better safe then sorry!




I had two watering cans painted with daisies and the name of the bride and groom. I filled them with yellow, white, and green flowers for the ceremony. They stood on pillars in front of the gazebo.
I had "wicker" daisies that I tied bows/streamers around and stuck in the grass to line the aisle. This was a fun, inexpensive way to add a touch of whimsy and color to the ceremony.
Just something cute for the cocktail tables - I taught Angela how to make these containers out of straws and added daisies.


 Guests found their seats on this windowpane.  I filled two boxes that Angela had constructed with wheatgrass and daisies to flank the window.

 This mailbox was used for guests to hold messages to Angela and Andrew from guests.  She added a blackboard explanation and lots of pens and paper.

Also on the placecard table were honey favors that were personalized with tags from the couple.



 I showed Anglea sets of golden yellow ceramic containers that I had purchased to use on half of her tables.  If you look closely at the vase it has daisies all over it.  They were just perfect for this wedding and were filled with white and yellow daisies and a touch of green hypericum berries.


 For the other half of the tables, Angela added a green candle to mason jars.  To either side of the jars, I filled smaller versions of the daisy ceramic containers with flowers.



Angela was such a pleasure to work with.  All of her personal touches really helped make her wedding uniquely them.  I wish Andrew and Angela the best always!

No comments: