Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Emily and Nick - Wonderful White

Emily came to me with a plan for a black and ivory wedding at Brookside Country Club in Pottstown. We used a lot of roses, hydrangea, and calla lilies to make her dreams come true. The challenge is always how to add black. I believe that we succeeded as displayed in the following pictures. I also want to thank Rick Blanco for sharing his photographs with me.

 Emily's bouquet consisted of ivory roses, white mini-calla lilies, and ruscus. I also scattered sprays of rhinestones for some added bling. Nick wore a matching white mini-calla lily. Bridesmaids' bouquets consisted of white calla lilies and ruscus. I used ivory roses for the groomsmen's boutonnieres.

 Emily's four adorable flower girls each carried a ribboned wand I made in black and white with a silk white rose on the tip.


Emily chose my white vintage ceramic container to sit on her placecard table. I filled it with roses, Baby's Breath, and greens which I had painted black.


 To carry through Emily's white and black theme, we made two types of centerpieces encompassing those colors. Half of the tables had low glass square vases holding white hydrangea and ivory roses on a bed of black bubbles.

Tall centerpieces consisted of white hydrangea, ivory roses, and black ting ting on top. I used black bubbles inside the glass and placed a reflexed rose inside on top.


 We used rose petals, candles, and vases of hydrangea spread out over the length of the head table.

Congratulations to Emily and Nick. I wish you a lifetime of happiness and love.

No comments: