Friday, August 10, 2012

Emily & Zack - Citrus Colors

It's always a welcome challenge for me whan I bride has a "certain" budget to work with. How do I make a wedding look like they spent a lot of money....without breaking the bank? Emily wanted to use a bright color palette of orange, yellow, and green for her wedding at Blair Mill Inn so I knew we could have fun with color. The venue gives their brides candle centerpieces to use, but I felt that the room, and the candleholders, needed a blast of color. Below is the result.









Emily's colors included orange orange, lemon yellow, and lime green. Fun!!! I had Emily buy all kinds of glass bottles and vases. Each table was designated a color, so into each vase or bottle, went "bits" of flowers. On one table all the flowers were orange and another had all yellow flowers, and a third of the tables were green. To tie everything together, we scattered rose petals in a like color under the candles. I think these centerpieces really did brighten up the room!

I also buy unique, one of a kind containers when I find them on sale to help some of my brides with costs. Emily made use of a few of them. And they're usually so inexpensive, that the bride gets to keep them instead of renting them. On the cocktail tables, I used test tube based containers - since Emily is a chemist. Different mixes of flowers were used in each.



Emily loved this black wire piece - especially since black was her accent color. I filled it with lemons, limes, and oranges, coordinating straws, and bits of daisies. Where did this go? On the bar, naturally!



I also use citrus colored acrylics in the base of this V-shaped vase. I added matching ting ting and flowers to the mix to create a whimsical welcome for the placecard table.



Since I had such beautiful colors to work with, the bridal party flowers were a breeze. The MoH carried an all orange bouquet including some outstanding huge orange ranunculus.



Bridesmaids' bouquets were all yellow - so bright and cheerful!



And the junior bridesmaid carried a lime green flower bouquet.




And then there's Emily's bouquet which contained all the colors and flowers used in the other bouquets. Zack's boutonniere matched.



The ceremony took place under a chuppah created by Emily. I created two arrangements to frame their wedding canopy. Congratulations to Emily and Zack on their wedding and a job well done.

No comments: