Sunday, July 15, 2012

Eliana & Tyler - Is there a doctor in the house?

Elians and Tyler celebrated their marriage at Villanova Conference Center. She chose a beautiful clean, crisp color palette of green and white which allowed us to utilize some more unusual flowers. There are so many nooks and crannies to decorate here and Eliana added her personal flair all over the mansion. In spite of being in medical school and working awful hours, Eliana managed to put together a wonderful wedding. I can't believe that she found the time to DIY some of her centerpiece containers and did a fantastic job. She is quite an accomplished young woman with a wonderful sense of humor. She's going to make the most fabulous pediatrician!
Eliana's bouquet was composed of white lisianthus, white freesia, white ranunculus, and green mini hydrangea for a more garden-like flavor. Her mom brought back sari material from India which I used to bind the stems. Tyler wore a pocket garden boutonniere which I unfortunately don't have a photo of. I'm hoping Eliana will share her professional pictures with me.
We made lots of corsages and boutonnieres of white spray roses and green button mums for this wedding. Bridesmaids carried bouquets of Bells of Ireland, white stock, and white spray roses. Gold sari material was wrapped around their stems. Groomsmen wore boutonnieres of white spray roses sitting in a floret of Bells of Ireland.
One of my very favorite placecard table arrangements is this one. Eliana got me an old "doctor's bag" and we filled it with green and white flowers. How very fitting for the wedding of two medical students!
We used a collection of cut glass containers holding a candle and rose petals on all the cocktail tables throughout the mansion.
What I love about Villanova Conference Center is that you get to have your reception in a ballroom, but you also have access to the whole mansion, the patio, and the guestrooms! In one of the large sitting rooms is a piano, which always looks nice with a touch of decor on top of it. Eliana got me some gorgeous sari material which I draped across the piano. On top I placed candles and hydrangea in a grouping of tall glass holder.
I designed three types of centerpieces for this wedding. One was made up of all candles. One type was made up of all flowers. And the third, was a combination of flowers and candles. I filled glass squares with lime green flower foam, hydrangea, and lime green button mums.
Eliana made the "boxes" into which I put flower arrangements of green and white flowers. I love that she used "corners" on them. The first was made up of a light green pattern.
The second "box" that Eliana made used more of a dark green pattern. I think she did a fabulous job with these. If anyone would like to know how they were made, I can tell you.

The last centerpiece was made up of a several different types of candles - what I call "candlescaping". I added rose petals to fill out the threesome. Congratulations to Elians and Tyler and Good Luck at Hershey Medical! I know you'll make fabulous MDs.

No comments: