Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Party Time!

Ironically, I had two 50th birthday parties to work on last weekend. The first was a surprise party that a gentleman was throwing for his wife. It was left up to me to design something unique using roses and candlelight. I painted pots a metallic silver that matched a silver web covered pillar candle that I placed in the center. Surrounding the candle are red roses and black painted ruscus. Before the party, the lovely staff at Columbia Station sprinkled red rose petals around the base of each pot. I really liked the final look of these.



These are the centerpieces that I created for my brother Jon for his 50th birthday party celebrated that same weekend. Not a flower in sight! I wanted to share Jon's playful side along with how he's changed through the years. Since his friends know him as Jonny "O", painting O-shaped wreaths gold as picture frames was a no brainer. I used 11 different double sided photos of my little brother - one for each table - and I had a blast working on each and every one of them.









No comments: